A 22-year-old woman told police that a man slammed her head against a bathroom sink when she refused to let him use the toilet early Sunday morning at a home on the 100 block of East Lane Avenue.

According to reports, the woman was at a party when she went inside the bathroom and waited with two other females who were also waiting to use the toilet. Then a man came to the door, saying he was a resident at the house, and demanded that they let him use the toilet.

When the women said they were waiting to use the toilet and refused to let him, he allegedly grabbed one of them by the hair and slammed her head into the sink. The woman said she punched him several times before calling police.
No suspects were arrested in the assault.

Restaurant employee robbed in store
An employee at the Jimmy John’s restaurant near 15th Avenue and High Street was robbed at knifepoint while he was walking to open the store Sunday morning.

According to reports, the male employee was walking in an alley next to the restaurant at 7:15 a.m. when a man approached him and asked for a cigarette. When the employee reached into his pocket to get a cigarette, the robber put a knife to his left side and demanded the bag of store money the employee was carrying. He handed over the bag and the robber fled on foot.

Police reports state that $1,000 in cash was in the bag when it was stolen. There are no listed suspects in the robbery.

Summit Street home burglarized during Halloween party

Residents at a house on the 1500 block of Summit Street reported theft of almost $3,000 in property during a Halloween party they hosted Saturday night.

The two male residents said they kept the door unlocked during the party so friends could come and go freely. They noticed the next morning, though, that someone had stolen two laptop computers, two cell phones, a watch, an Xbox 360 and numerous video games.

The men say they don’t think any of their guests stole the property, as they were all friends.

Car stolen on High Street
Someone stole a car Saturday while it was parked on High Street near Tompkins Street.

The car’s owner, a 22-year-old woman, told police that the car was stolen sometime between 1 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sunday.

The car is a Honda Accord valued at $1,000. There are no suspects listed in the theft.

Compiled by Collin Binkley