Academy Award-nominated director Jason Reitman is scheduled to appear at the Ohio Union today to speak about his career and hold a question-and-answer session.

Reitman, best known for his movies “Thank You for Smoking,” “Juno,” and most recently, “Up in the Air,” will speak in the Archie Griffin Grand Ballroom at 7 p.m.

The Ohio Union Activities Board’s visual and fine arts chair Ryan Orlosky, a second-year in biology, said he expects between 500 and 800 students at the event.

Orlosky recommends that students come prepared for the question-and-answer session that will follow the speech with some of their “burning questions.” As for what to expect from the keynote speech, Orlosky said OUAB submitted a list of things they thought students would be interested in.

“We’ve asked him to first include how he followed his passion, switching from medical school to filmmaking,” Orlosky said. “Especially relevant for any aspiring film students in the audience, Jason will conclude his presentation with a discussion of the road for future filmmakers.”

Marc Rostan, a second-year in political science, enjoyed two of Reitman’s works.

“‘Thank You for Smoking’ and ‘Up in the Air’ are two of my favorites, so I think it’s really cool that he’s coming,” he said.

He also mentioned Reitman’s lineage as a reason for his excitement. Reitman’s father, Ivan Reitman, directed the 1984 hit comedy “Ghostbusters” and the newly released “No Strings Attached.”

“It’d be pretty cool if Jason made the next ‘Ghostbusters’ and just did it in this dark-humor kind of tone,” Rostan said.

Sydney Viox, a second-year in molecular genetics, said she will be attending the event because “Juno” included a character whose “quirkiness” young people can relate to. She also believes the event will provide a good experience for students.

“Even if you aren’t interested in going into a film or theater career, it is still a good opportunity to learn about the people who make some of our generation’s favorite movies,” Viox said.

Tickets for this event are available two per valid BuckID at the Ohio Union Information center.