It didn’t take police long to nab central Ohio’s sixth bank robbery suspect in 2011, who was dubbed the “wrong-order robber.”

A day after robbing the Huntington Bank branch at 1928 N. High St., the suspect, Patrick D. Kelley, was arrested “without incident” Tuesday at about 1:30 p.m. at a Kinnear Road business where he works, according to an FBI release Wednesday morning.

Kelley, charged with aggravated robbery, appeared at about 9 a.m. Wednesday in courtroom 4D of the Franklin County Municipal Court, where his bail was set at $10,085, said a deputy clerk.

This is not Kelley’s first arrest.

Since 1995, Kelley has pleaded guilty to drug trafficking and robbery, according to records from the Franklin County Clerk of Courts.

Police were able to track down Kelley using multiple tips from the public to investigators through Crime Stoppers and direct tips to the Columbus Police Robbery Squad, said FBI Special Agent Harry Trombitas.

Detective Brenda Walker, Columbus Police lead investigator for the case, said the clear images of Kelley taken by bank cameras were a “wonderful investigative tool. I wish they could all be like this.”

Kelley, 39, walked into the Huntington Bank branch wearing a black, striped sweatshirt with the hood covering his head. The would-be robber lowered his hood, then announced he had a gun, though one was not observed, and told the teller he wanted money, an FBI report said Monday.

When the teller began removing the cash from the drawer, Kelley seemed to realize “he had goofed up the order on his ‘robbery checklist,’ and put the hood back up on his head,” Monday’s report said.

The ill-fated order of the suspect’s robbery caused police to nickname the suspect the “wrong-order robber.”

Trombitas said criminal blunders such as Kelley’s are nothing new.

“We’ve seen a guy write a robbery note on the back of a bank deposit slip, guys who’ve left behind their driver’s licenses and checkbooks,” he said. “One man robbed a bank and the teller was a woman who he went to high school with.”

Walker declined to tell The Lantern how much money the robber stole, but Trombitas said Monday that “most robbers make it out with $1,000 to $2,000. I can tell you this guy made it out with even less than that.”

Kelley’s preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 25.

Matt Samson, a spokesman for Huntington Bank, was unable to comment in detail about the robbery since “it’s part of an ongoing investigation.” However, he said, “We’re working with authorities and will continue to do so until the issue is resolved.”

Central Ohio’s ninth robbery happened at 7:45 a.m. Wednesday at a Chase Bank on 100 E. Broad Street. The suspect was described as a man in his 20’s, 5-foot-11, who wore a gray hoodie. According to an FBI press release, he managed to keep his hood up during the course of the robbery.