Camera crews and students gathered in the Ohio Union to display their talent and film a commercial for WBNS-10TV on Wednesday.

The commercial is part of 10TV’s “Next 10” multimedia campaign designed to promote central Ohio, said Dave Plantz, a producer for 10TV and the commercial’s director.

The idea to include students in the commercial was related to the commercial’s theme of growth in Columbus and central Ohio, Plantz said. He wanted to include the students because they make up a large part of Columbus’ population.

Plantz said he was looking for students who had a passion or talent that could be performed in front of a camera.

Plantz, a 2001 Ohio State graduate and co-founder of Buckeye TV, sought student involvement in the commercial through student organizations such as Ohio Union Television.

Allie Feinstein, a fourth-year in marketing and member of Ohio Union Television, said Plantz contacted her to recruit students for the commercial.

A group of 15 students gathered in the Union to take part in the commercial and to display their talents.

In addition to multiple group shots, each student had a chance to perform individually in front of the camera.

Talents showcased in the commercial included beat boxing, extreme martial arts and dancing.

Zach Gray, a third-year and the vice president of Ohio Union Television, said he planned to “dougie dance” in front of the camera.

Navy Weatherly, a first-year in pre-journalism, showed off her beat boxing skills while other students backed her up on a rendition of “Hang On Sloopy.”

Weatherly, who has been beat boxing since she was in sixth grade and is the secretary for the OSU Freestyle, Rap and Beat Boxing Club, said she participated in the commercial as another way to get involved.

“I don’t get nervous because I’ve done it for so long,” Weatherly said. “We did three takes and then the third take, that’s when they had the stuffed (OUAB) bear come behind us and dance.”

In addition to clips of the students, the commercial also features President E. Gordon Gee and Les Wexner.

The commercial will air during the men’s basketball Final Four coverage, with 30-second clips airing during the Final Four games and a 60-second clip airing during the National Championship game, according to a press release from 10TV.

The “Next 10” campaign is an ongoing campaign intended to “get to the heart of the technology, development, efforts and spirit that are making Columbus a local and world leader,” the press release said.