Shopping, wine and … botox? National Jean Company in the Short North is hosting its first Botox Party today from 7 to 10 p.m.

National Jean Co., located at 761 N. High St., is hosting Dr. Jeffrey Donaldson, plastic surgeon, to entertain its most loyal customers. The store will give 20 percent off all regularly priced merchandise, and Donaldson will be offering Botox injections at $10 per shot, said Paul Leonette, manager and buyer for National Jean Co.

“This is our first year having the Botox Party. We thought about it last year but never got around to it,” Leonette said. “We figured that we sell high-end brands to a high-end clientele, so it would be a hit.”

Their main form of advertising was through social media, and word spread fast.

“I like the store and follow them on Facebook. I got a Facebook invite, and it sounded like an interesting and unique event,” said Matthew Kelley, an Ohio State alumnus.

Leonette came in contact with Donaldson first through the cyber world. He had the idea and headed to Google for reputable Columbus plastic surgeons. Donaldson came up at the top of the list, but Leonette had no idea at the time that he was well-acquainted with Donaldson’s wife as a frequent customer.

Some customers seemed curious at the idea of Botox and said they would be willing to try it.

“I probably will get Botox. My good friend is the manager and the one throwing the party, and I’m supporting his store and his event,” said Ryan Hug, gym manager at Oxygen Health and Fitness.

Others still haven’t made up their minds as to whether they will receive the injections.

“I’m still undecided. I was curious and wanted to check it out, though, and witness it first-hand before I make up my mind. We’ll see,” Kelley said.

As a precaution, National Jean Co. and Donaldson request that all customers participating in Botox injections do so prior to consuming alcohol.