Home » Sports » Football » Minnesota Vikings add linebacker Ross Homan to their roster

Minnesota Vikings add linebacker Ross Homan to their roster

Andy Gottesman / The Lantern

Former Ohio State linebacker Ross Homan was the 200th player selected overall in Saturday’s NFL draft by the Minnesota Vikings.

Homan joined OSU linebacker Brian Rolle as the second Buckeye selected in the sixth round. Rolle went to the Philadelphia Eagles.

“Looking at Ross Homan to the Minnesota Vikings, he fits what they want do at that position,” ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. said. “I think he was a heck of a pick. I thought he could have been a third- or fourth-round pick.

Homan had an impressive combine, most notably leading all linebackers with 32 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press.

Homan, a three-year starter at OSU, will join former Buckeye and two-time Pro Bowler Antoine Winfield in Minnesota.

Other notable Vikings draftees include former Florida State quarterback Christian Ponder in the first round and former Notre Dame tight end and Cincinnati native Kyle Rudolph in the second round.

After falling short of the Super Bowl to the Saints in the 2009 NFC Championship, the Vikings had a disappointing 2010 season and did not reach the playoffs after a 6-10 finish.

If a labor agreement between the NFL and its players association is made before September, the Vikings are scheduled to open their regular-season schedule against the Chargers on Sept. 11 in San Diego.

One comment

1. Today we live in a very terrible economic weather, so that choosing a cheaper alternatives for any products you need will be a wise action you can do to survive your life. Yet, you should also try to make yourself happy with all the situation. Sometimes there are little things in life such as an NFL jersey, that can make us happy, plus you're happier when you have some extra cash left to burn and spend on making your loved ones and friends happy, and that's all that matters.More:www.cheapwholesale-nfl.com