Jon Wurster does it all.

As a musician, comedian and writer, Wurster has played the drums professionally for 25 years, written for shows such as “Monk” and performed with stars such as Katy Perry and Charlie Daniels. Now, he’s coming to Columbus.

The Wexner Center for the Arts will be holding an in-store signing with Wurster tonight from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Wurster has been a part of the comedy duo Scharpling and Wurster since 1997. Wurster calls in as various characters on the radio show Tom Scharpling hosts, “The Best Show on WFMU,” broadcast from Jersey City, N.J., and online. The two have released five CDs, the most recent being 2007’s “The Art of the Slap.”

“We’ll kind of write out these bits that we do,” Wurster said. “I’ll call in as a character. It’ll be like half an interviewer, half kind of a sketch that we do.”

Erik Pepple, the community outreach and marketing manager at the Wexner Center, said the signing will be an opportunity for both music and comedy fans to interact with Wurster.

“We thought he’s had such a varied and diverse career and covers a few different types of work,” he said. “It’s a good chance to come down and maybe pick up a couple of the records or talk to him.”

Wurster said he is flattered by the opportunity and will talk with fans about anything.

“(The Wexner Center) had this idea of doing the in-store (signing), which was very surprising to me, because you never think anyone knows who you are,” he said. “It’s the first one I’ve ever done.”

After the signing, Wurster will be drumming for The Mountain Goats, a band he’s been a part of since 2007. Pepple said that one pair of tickets to the show will be given away at the signing. The concert is at 9 p.m. at the Wexner Center’s Performing Space.

Anne Langendorfer, a graduate student at Ohio State and associate to the Wexner Center, said she learned about Wurster’s comedy through her interest in The Mountain Goats.

Langendorfer said the experience of going to a concert is similar to seeing a comedian.

“(The audience) is looking for a particular type of engagement with the performer,” she said. “We’re looking for a very specific connection.”