They may have fallen off the touring radar for a while, but pop-punk band Yellowcard is back. And they’ve got a new album and tour to prove it.

Currently on tour with All Time Low, Hey Monday and The Summer Set, Yellowcard will play May 1 at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion.

Released earlier this year, Yellowcard’s new album “When You’re Through Thinking, Say Yes,” comes in the wake of the group’s “indefinite hiatus” that lasted two years, Yellowcard violinist Sean Mackin said.

“It’s taken us two years to enjoy life experiences. That’s something that we can grow off of,” he said. “The time off was good for us.”

While the group was on its break, the band members spent time crafting their latest album release, which has a sound Mackin said mirrors the band’s revitalized attitude.

“(The hiatus) had a rejuvenating effect on us. We’ve got a lot of spirit, a lot of energy, and I think you can feel that in the music,” Mackin said. “I think this album is our best work to date. It’s our most complete work.”

The new album’s title comes from an interaction Yellowcard lead singer Ryan Key had with a romantic interest.

“(Key) was talking to a young lady, and she was dating another guy,” Mackin said. “He was like, ‘hey, when you’re through thinking about it, just say ‘yes,” and she never called him.”

On a figurative level, “When You’re Through Thinking, Say Yes,” has become the band’s life philosophy.

“It goes along with where we’re at in our lives because it’s an encouragement to seize the moment and really enjoy this opportunity,” Mackin said.

Because they can spend up to 300 days every year on the road, Mackin said the break was a good chance for the band to reconnect with people they hadn’t spent time with.

“When you tour as hard as we have, you sacrifice a lot of things, like relationships and family and friends,” he said. “(My wife and I) were really enjoying our time together.”

Yellowcard’s Columbus set list covers a wide array of the band’s catalog, Mackin said.

“It’ll be a nice mixture of some old fan favorites and new tracks. We mix it up really well,” he said. “Columbus is a great city. We’re looking forward to it.”

Yellowcard’s part in the Dirty Work Tour has been to pump up the crowds, Mackin said.

“Every band has something different to offer the audience,” he said. “People are enjoying it; we’ve been well-received. We couldn’t ask for anything more.”

The crowd is expected to be about 2,000 people, said Marissa Luther, marketing manager at PromoWest Productions.

Part of what sets Yellowcard apart from other bands is their liberal use of violin, said Josh Lee, a second-year in communication technology who is not planning on attending the concert.

“I like that they incorporate violin into their music,” Lee said. “It brings a unique aspect to their sounds that other rock bands don’t have.”

Mackin, who has played violin since his childhood and has been with the band from its beginning, said that the group’s good sense of musicality makes his instrument a vital part of Yellowcard.

“It definitely gives our fans a really different sound,” Mackin said. “(If you don’t like the violin), you can throw some glitter in the air and listen to a Ke$ha record.”

Tickets are $22.50 in advance and $25 the day of the show. Tickets are available at www.promowestlive.com.