While Ohio State football players were able to show off their Big Ten Championship rings Monday, they are still without the gold pants they would have usually already received for beating Michigan last season.

The Columbus Dispatch reported first that the team had yet to receive the gold pants Sunday.

Gold Pants Club president and former OSU All-American football offensive lineman Jim Lachey cited pending violations that could vacate the victory against Michigan as the reason the pants have not been distributed.

“If they vacate the win, it makes no sense to award the gold pants, at least in our minds,” Lachey told The Dispatch. “And I’ll be honest, we don’t want to see any 2010 gold pants on the market right now.”

Lachey was not immediately available for comment.

Five Buckeyes — quarterback Terrelle Pryor, offensive lineman Mike Adams, running back Dan Herron, wide receiver DeVier Posey and defensive lineman Solomon Thomas — are suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season for selling memorabilia and receiving improper benefits. Coach Jim Tressel will join those players for failing to report their violations.

“Lots of blood, sweat and tears poured into that right there … sacred brotherhood … love my fball fam.”

Buckeyes center Mike Brewster said Monday via his Twitter account. He accompanied the tweet with a picture of his 2010 Big Ten Championship ring.

OSU was co-champion of the Big Ten last season, alongside Michigan State and Wisconsin.

It’s the 35th Big Ten Championship for OSU — the second most, behind only Michigan, which has 42.

It’s Tressel’s seventh Big Ten Championship. Only former OSU coach Woody Hayes has more with 13.