A female Ohio State student reported a rape on May 16 that allegedly occurred about a year ago.

The incident, according to the OSU Police Department records, occurred at the Lane Avenue Residence Hall.

Philip Badaszewski, the hall director for LARH, was not immediately available for comment. The victim was not identified because the investigation is ongoing.

No other information can be revealed, said Pamela Temple, the records manager.

This is the fifth rape that has been reported on campus in the last five months, four of which are still open investigations.

Police chief Paul Denton said the victim was delayed in coming forward and this was an unusual situation. The alleged rape occurred a year ago.

“We don’t know why she waited to report the crime, but we’re investigating it further,” Denton said.

A robbery occurred at a PNC ATM at the corner of North High Street and 16th Avenue at about midnight Tuesday and a crime alert was issued on the Ohio State Police Department website.

According to the alert, the male victim said two white males in baggy clothing approached him. The victim said the first male demanded his money and reached towards his waistband, indicating he had a weapon. The two suspects saw an OSU police cruiser and fled the area. The victim notified the officers a few minutes later.

PNC representative Fred Solomon said he couldn’t comment on anything that had to do with the bank’s security and referred all other questions to the Columbus Division of Police.

Robbery Squad Sergeant Shaun Laird of Columbus police said he had no further information on the crime.