Brandon Miller resigned as assistant coach of the Ohio State’s men’s basketball team Thursday to spend more time with his family.

OSU athletic department spokesman, Dan Wallenberg, confirmed Miller’s resignation in an email to The Lantern.

“We wish the Miller family well,” Wallenberg said. “Brandon has been a significant part of Ohio State’s success the last several years and he will be missed.”

Wallenberg declined to comment further and would not name potential replacements for Miller, saying, “we do not discuss personnel situations until positions are filled.”

Miller graduated from Butler University in 2003. While there, Miller played under current OSU coach Thad Matta. After his playing career, Miller spent the 2005-2007 seasons as director of basketball operations and video coordinator to Matta at OSU. Miller returned to his alma mater as assistant coach for Butler’s 2007-08 season before rejoining Matta’s staff in the summer of 2008.

OSU sophomore forward Jared Sullinger posted on his Twitter account, @Jared_Sully0, at about 1 a.m. Friday morning: “Best Wishes to OSU Basketball assistant Brandon Miller. Leaving The game to spend time with his family.”

Jeff Boals and Dave Dickerson are the remaining assistant coaches for the Buckeyes. Former Duke guard Greg Paulus is the newest member of Matta’s staff, and was introduced on June 9 as video coordinator for the team. 

OSU has not announced its schedule for the upcoming season.