Britney bringing Jersey to Ohio

DJ Pauly D, one of the stars from MTV’s hit reality show, “Jersey Shore,” will be opening for Britney Spears in her upcoming Columbus concert.

Spears is scheduled to perform at Nationwide Arena Aug. 20 at 7:30 p.m.

Destinee & Paris and Jacob Latimore will also serve as opening acts, the venue announced Tuesday. Nicki Minaj, who is opening for Spears’ on other tour stops, will not perform at the Columbus concert, though she is scheduled to perform with Spears in Cleveland at Quicken Loans Arena on July 26, according to her website.

Tickets went on sale July 9. Prices range from $32.50 to $353 and can be purchased at the Nationwide Arena ticket office, ticketmaster.com and by phone at (800) 745-3000.

Ke$ha playing fair

Ke$ha will be bringing her “Get $leazy Tour” to the Ohio State Fair with a performance July 28 at 7 p.m.

Other acts scheduled to perform at the Fair include Meat Loaf on July 30, Glenn Miller Orchestra on Aug. 2, Trace Adkins on Aug. 4, Journey on Aug. 5 and Brad Paisley on Aug. 7.

Tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.com/ohiostatefair. Concert tickets purchased before arriving at the Fair include Fair admission.

Evanesco! Tickets for midnight Potter screenings disappear

“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2,” the final cinematic chapter in the series, hits theaters Friday, and local fans have already gobbled up tickets to midnight screenings.

Gateway Film Center will be showing the film on seven screens at 12:01 a.m. Friday morning. By Tuesday evening, all seven screenings had sold out.

AMC Lennox Town Center 24 will be showing the film on a total of 21 screens, also at 12:01 a.m. Friday morning, in standard 2-D, digital 2-D, 3-D and IMAX 3-D. All of those midnight screenings are sold out.

Batman poster, trailer rises

The first teaser poster for “The Dark Knight Rises,” the third and likely final installment in Christopher Nolan’s Batman franchise, debuted on the film’s website Monday night.

The poster shows crumbling buildings – a metaphor for the state of Gotham, perhaps? – surrounding the Batman logo.

The first teaser trailer is expected to debut with “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2” Friday. It’s believed to appear online Monday.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is scheduled to hit theaters July 20, 2012.