Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor was declared eligible for the NFL supplemental draft, now scheduled for Monday, in a Thursday announcement by the NFL.

Pryor has also been assessed a punishment by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and, if drafted, will be suspended from games and practices through Week 5 of the NFL season, according to an NFL press release.

After begin drafted and signed to a contract, Pryor would be allowed to fully participate in the remainder of preseason, though.

David Cornwell, Pryor’s attorney, did not immediately respond to The Lantern’s request for a comment.

After initially agreeing to a suspension for the first five games of OSU’s upcoming season, Pryor departed the university on June 7 to pursue a professional football career. His departure came just days after former head coach Jim Tressel was forced to resign from his position. Pryor was then declared ineligible for intercollegiate athletics in a July 26 letter from OSU athletic director Gene Smith.

The NFL press release, which confirmed that all 32 NFL clubs have been informed of Pryor’s draft eligibility, said:

“NFL clubs were informed that Pryor made decisions that undermine the integrity of the eligibility rules for the NFL Draft.  Those actions included failing to cooperate with the NCAA and hiring an agent in violation of NCAA rules.  This resulted in Ohio State declaring him ineligible to continue playing college football. Pryor then applied to enter the NFL after regular draft.  Pryor had accepted at the end of the 2010 college football season a suspension for the first five games of the 2011 season for violating NCAA rules.

“In his decision allowing Pryor to enter the Supplemental Draft, (Goodell) determined that Pryor will be ineligible to practice prior to or play in the first five games of the NFL regular season after he signs.  Pryor may be selected in the Supplemental Draft, negotiate and sign a contract with an NFL club, and fully participate in the remainder of the preseason.”

From his Twitter account, @TerrellePryor, Pryor tweeted at approximately 9:30 a.m.: “God bless and thanks for support! Time to have a little fun!!”

Pryor joins five other players in Monday’s draft, which is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.