The 2011-12 Ohio State men’s basketball schedule was released Tuesday and a 31-game schedule awaits players, students and alumni alike. 

OSU begins its 2011 campaign with a seven-game home stand at the Schottenstein Center. After a Nov. 6 exhibition game against Walsh, the Buckeyes will open regular season play on Nov. 11 against Wright State. Four days later, the Buckeyes will get the first of several early-season tests when they host Florida, which claimed back-to-back NCAA national titles in 2006 and 2007.

The four-time national champion Duke Blue Devils, along with coach Mike Krzyzewski, will then visit the Schott on Nov. 29 as part of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

The Buckeyes’ first road game will come on Dec. 10 when they visit the University of Kansas’ famed Allen Fieldhouse, named for the late, former Jayhawks’ coach, Dr. F.C. “Phog” Allen.

That matchup with the Jayhawks is one of 16 OSU games scheduled to be televised nationally by CBS, ESPN or ESPN2.

The Buckeyes will close out the home portion of their schedule on either Feb. 25 or 26 against Wisconsin.

OSU finishes the regular season with road games on Feb. 29 and March 4, 2012, at Northwestern and Michigan, respectively.

The Big Ten conference tournament will take place from March 8-11.

OSU finished its 2010-11 campaign with a 34-3 record, which included an undefeated, 20-0 record at the Schott. The Buckeyes were eliminated in the third round of the NCAA tournament on a last-second shot by Kentucky’s then-freshman guard Brandon Knight, who gave the Wildcats a 62-60 win. 

The Buckeyes lost David Lighty, Dallas Lauderdale and Jon Diebler to graduation, but return freshmen forwards Jared Sullinger and Deshaun Thomas and guard Aaron Craft, as well as guard William Buford, the team’s lone senior.