Contrary to what Ohio State said earlier this week, junior running back Jordan Hall, sophomore defensive back Corey Brown and junior defensive back Travis Howard will not be available for the game against Toledo on Saturday.

OSU issued a statement late Friday afternoon that said Hall, Howard and Brown have not yet been reinstated by the NCAA, and therefore, will not participate in Saturday’s game against Toledo.

“The university continues to work with the NCAA on the reinstatement process and is hopeful that the student-athletes will be reinstated soon,” the statement said.

The statement also said that the university would have no further comment on the matter.

The NCAA released a statement just minutes after OSU released its statement, clarifying some things concerning the players’ eligibility.

“The nature and scope of their violations merit a minimum two-game suspension,” the NCAA’s statement read. “The facts submitted by the university have raised further questions that need to be answered before the reinstatement process is complete.”

Thursday, it was reported that the players received $200 in cash during a fundraiser. This is consistent with the university’s statement last week, that the three players received impermissible benefits totaling less that $300 each.

The Buckeyes will now continue to rely on the running back tandem of sophomore Carlos Hyde and freshman Rod Smith, the two backs featured in last Saturday’s game against Akron.

There is a chance that sophomore running back Jaamal Berry will be available this week as well, but Berry has been nursing a hamstring injury and his status is uncertain.