Bike Thefts

A female student reported her bicycle stolen from Ramseyer Hall on Oct. 11.

Bicycles were also reported stolen from Dreese Laboratory and Morill Tower on Oct. 10, and another bicycle theft from Mack Hall was reported on Oct. 9, according to OSU police records.

Two bicycles were reported stolen from the RPAC on Oct. 9, according to OSU police records.

Another bicycle was reported stolen on Oct. 6 from Archer House, according to OSU police records.

The OSU police website suggests students leaving bicycles parked for extended periods of time occasionally move their bicycles and to use more than one lock to prevent theft.

Free bicycle registration is also available for students at the public safety office in Blankenship Hall.

Concealed Weapon

A 19-year-old male non-affiliate of OSU was arrested for carrying concealed weapons and offenses involving underage persons on Oct. 8, according to OSU police records. The incident occurred at the intersection of Woodruff Avenue and College Road.

OSU police strongly encourage students to report crimes occurring on campus by calling 9-1-1 (emergency) or 292-2121 (non-emergency).

According to the OSU police website, Ohio Revised Code 2921.22 dictates that “persons who have knowledge of a felony are required to report the crime to the police. Failure to report a crime may itself be a crime.”

Information on criminal behavior may be reported to the University Police Division and to the offices of Student Life, Student Conduct and University Residences and Dining Services.