In the days leading up to Red Wanting Blue’s hometown performance in Columbus, the band is growing more and more excited about the show, but the anticipation may be leaving them a little frazzled.

Vocalist Scott Terry paused a few times and put the phone on hold while talking with The Lantern.

“I’m so sorry,” he said. “I’m running around trying to fix some light bulbs for the show.”

Red Wanting Blue will perform at Newport Music Hall on Thursday at 7 p.m., and this isn’t just a regular show for the band.

“This is a hometown show,” Terry said. “We tour all over the country and when we get back to Columbus, it’s nice to see all the familiar faces. When you see so many people in the crowd, it just feels good.”

For the 13 days prior to the show, a stream of each track from the album is being released day-by-day until the entire record is streaming on SoundCloud by the morning of the show. The band will be performing their new album “From the Vanishing Point” in its entirety for the first time.

“We just thought, what better way to do it than with a hometown show?” Terry said. “Every song will be up by the time everyone gets to the show and it will be the first time anyone hears it. It makes it special.”

Terry said things have changed with the band throughout the 15 years the group has been together, but a lot has stayed the same.

“We’re definitely playing in bigger rooms,” he said. “Over the years we’ve had a few member changes. But we’ve all always been romantics and wanted to see the country through a rock and roll view.”

Terry described going out on the road with friends as “one of the best feelings.”

“I always think, what are we gonna run into?” he said. “We break down a lot, but that’s a fun way to live and I never regret it.”

The band will also be recording its new music video for its first single, “Audition,” from the forthcoming album at the show. “We said, ‘We’re in a hometown show, let’s show people what’s going on in Columbus.'”

Terry said anyone that comes to the show will most likely be in the video.

“It’s just going to be cameras set, we’re playing this song, we’re going to record it, and that’s what it is,” he said.

A “true story and honest show” is what Terry said students can expect.

“Our band is a real honest show,” he said. “People will say we’re a theatrical show, and I don’t disagree with that exactly. But instead I tell people how passionate we are about our music because it’s our lives that we’re singing about. We play with the same vigor and enthusiasm that created it.”

One student who won’t be attending the show is Richie Eckenrode, a third-year in mechanical engineering.

“It’s exciting that they’re shooting a music video,” he said. “I can’t go, but I wanted to.”

Another student not attending is Brittany Adzic, a fourth-year in psychology.

“I’m not going but I think filming their music video in their town is a great idea,” Adzic said. “It’s a way to get their fans involved.”

Terry said an Ohio logo will stand as the background at the show.

“We’re just trying to make our hometown proud.”