A capella music has permeated Ohio State’s campus and was on full display Wednesday at the OSU Sing-Off featuring Rockapella hosted by Ohio Union Activities Board and Dynamic Contrast.

More than 300 people were present to listen to four OSU student a capella groups perform, as well as world-renowned a capella group, Rockapella.

“We wanted to improve OSU’s a capella awareness,” said Adam Kong, a Dynamic Contrast member and third-year in international studies and Chinese. “All other Big Ten schools have big a capella groups and here it’s just band and glee club. This is a huge way to promote it.”

The four groups, Buck That!, Key of Gee, Meshuganotes and Dynamic Contrast, were competing for the opportunity to open for Rockapella at the end of the show.

Dyanamic Contrast, the group who helped host the event, closed out the competition by performing “Hide and Seek” by Imogen Heap, “You Gotta Be” by Des’ree and “Faith” by George Michael.

Buck That!, an all-male group, performed four songs including, “It’s Gonna Be Me” by *NSYNC, “Break Even” by The Script, “Yesterday” by the Beatles and ended with “Kryptonite” by 3 Doors Down.

Key of Gee, a co-ed, 19-member group, sang more contemporary pop music including, “Where is the Love” by the Black Eyed Peas and “Halo” by Beyoncé.

Meshuganotes, OSU’s Jewish a capella group based out of OSU Hillel, performed songs ranging from “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas to a Hebrew song called “Salaam,” which featured a beat-boxing solo.

Group member Jaclyn Hirsch said the group was thrilled to perform in front of more OSU students.

“We love Rockapella and we don’t do a lot of OSU stuff,” Hirsch said. “They put out an audition and we got in, so we were very excited.”

After the performances, the audience voted via text message for their favorite. With 33 percent of the vote, Dynamic Contrast was crowned the victor.

“It’s one of the best feelings I’ve had while on campus,” said John Flesher, Dyanmic Contrast member and a second-year in architecture. “Being able to perform before Rockapella is amazing, but winning, I can’t even explain.”

Eric Justice, a fifth-year in music, said he enjoys seeing the talent OSU has to offer.

“I love coming to events like this because you get to see all the musical talent on campus that isn’t part of the college of music,” he said.

Dynamic Contrast was brought back to the stage to perform one more song, “Slide” by the Goo Goo Dolls , to open for Rockapella. Following the song, Dynamic Contrast and the audience stood and joined in singing “Carmen Ohio.”

Rockapella took the stage by opening with their original song, “Tonight.”

“I loved watching all the groups tonight,” said member Scott Leonard, who originally introduced himself as Terrelle Pryor to laughs from the audience. “What a great bunch of talent at Ohio State.”

The group performed for nearly two hours, pulling an audience member on stage and singing their signature song, “Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?” After the show, the group held a meet-and-greet for the audience.

Jacob Shalov, a first-year in international studies, said Rockapella blew him away.

“It was awesome. The bassist was ridiculous,” he said. “Everything altogether sounded really good.”