Although the carefree summer days have left us, there is hope we can still hang by a thread. Tucked away in Victorian Village on the corner of Pennsylvania Avenue and 3rd Avenue lies Katalina’s Café Corner with its glistening red sign shining bright above their huge outdoor patio. Catching the last rays of warm sunshine on the patio while eating the colorful mix of food will instantly put you back into a summer frame of mind.

Although they serve a variety of gourmet sandwiches, crisp salads and a house-made soup of the day, their breakfast entreés knock all of the others out the door. Breakfast is served all day so there’s no excuse not to try their breakfast no matter what time of day it is.

The mouth-watering entrees taste even better than they sound. From the sweet pancake balls stuffed with Nutella, to the savory, award-winning breakfast tacos, to the slow-roasted braised pork with secret sauce with avocado and roasted peppers, to the old fashioned egg in the bread, there is a variety of bright and flavorful dishes depending on your craving.

Katalina’s puts a new twist on traditional menu items each weekend. This past weekend they offered a limited amount of apple cinnamon stuffed pancake balls in addition to the sweet nutella or strawberry-filled. This shows that the chefs at Katalina’s are dedicated to providing fresh, in-season and local produce that highlight central Ohio family-run farms.

For those in need of a morning pick-me-up, Katalina’s serves the nearby Grandview coffee roaster Stauf’s. They serve fresh and seasonal roasts, such as pumpkin, which is the hot flavor of fall. In addition to selling coffee, there are a number of organic teas, juices and sodas to choice from.

My favorite part of the Katalina’s aside from the food is the relaxed atmosphere. Everyone, employees and customers alike, seem to be in a feel-good mood. Smiles beam throughout the restaurant, bouncing off one person onto another. Cheerful people and incredible food give Katalina’s an endless summer vibe that will have you swimming back for more.

Katalina’s Café Corner is located at 1105 Pennsylvania Ave. It is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 9pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Grade: A