The Ohio State football program has received a one-year postseason ban for the 2012 season and a loss of scholarships from the NCAA Committee of Infractions.

According to a report from The Columbus Dispatch, the Buckeyes will be allowed to play in the Gator Bowl against the University of Florida on Jan. 2, but will forfeit postseason eligibility next season, which would include a possible berth in the Big Ten Football Championship Game and a bowl game. 

OSU will also face a reduction of four scholarships over the next three years in addition to the five scholarships the school already forfeited over that time period, according to the report.

The NCAA has added an another year of probation the the football program’s self-imposed two-year probation.

Former OSU coach Jim Tressel has been handed a five-year “show cause” penalty for his role in the violations meaning any program that attempts to hire him in the next five years could face NCAA sanctions.

The penalties stem from a series of NCAA violations the OSU football program committed dating back to December 2010 when OSU became mired in a scandal involving players receiving improper benefits including discounts on tattoos. 

The Buckeyes are scheduled to play Jan. 2 in the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla., where the team will play Florida.