Some scary monsters will be appearing on campus later this quarter.

Dubstep artist Skrillex is scheduled to perform at 6 p.m. May 12 on the South Oval as part of the Ohio Union Activities Board’s Big Free Concert.

The event will not be ticketed but students must be prepared to show their BuckID upon arrival as it is for Ohio State students only.

The concert will take place behind Enarson Hall between Mirror Lake and the portion of the South Oval that is under construction, said OUAB adviser Katie Krajny

A $10.3 million project, which has since gone over budget, to install geothermal wells underground in the South Oval to heat and cool the South Campus area is slated to be complete October 2013, according to a Jan. 18 article in The Lantern.

Skrillex, whose real name is Sonny John Moore, is an electronic dance music artist and DJ. He is often associated with dubstep, an electronic genre known for its hard bass lines, which has seen a sharp rise in popularity over the last three years.

After leaving hardcore act From First To Last in 2007 to pursue a solo career, he went on to gain notoriety for his 2010 EP, “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites.” It helped him garner five nominations at the 54th Grammy Awards Feb. 12, at which he won three Grammys for Best Dance Recording, Best Dance-Electronica Album and Best Remixed Recording.

He was also nominated for Best New Artist, but lost to Bon Iver.

Skrillex has remixed versions of songs from artists such as Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas.

OUAB hosted Lupe Fiasco, B.o.B. and Kellie Pickler in 2011’s Big Free Concert series, titled “Big Three Concert.”