Tiger Woods is one shot back of the lead after two rounds at the Memorial Tournament at the Muirfield Village Golf Club in Dublin Ohio.

Woods followed up his Thursday round of 70, with a 3-under 69 Friday, trailing leader Rory Sabbatini by one stroke. The field was plagued with windy conditions throughout the day after a rain delay that exceeded 90 minutes.

“I’m pleased with the wayI played today,” Woods said. “I missed a couple out there, but overall I knew in these conditions to shoot something in the 60s was going to be a pretty good effort.”

Former world No. 1 player Rory McIlroy missed the cut at the tournament after shooting a 7-over 79 Friday. It’s his eighth career missed cut as a professional, matching the total from Wood’s career.

“I don’t feel like the scores are actually reflecting how I’m hitting the ball,” McIlroy, who’s score of 150 was three shots over the cutline, said.”I was able to string nine good holes together yesterday. I just need to keep working on it and try and string 18 good holes together.”

Spencer Levin and Scott Stallings are tied with Woods for second atop the leaderboard. Jim Furyk and Daniel Summerhays are currently two back of the lead at 4-under.

Furyk said the dramatic change in weather between Thursday and Friday made the play difficult to adjust to.

“It was perfect yesterday, and today was quite tough,” Furyk said. “I think it was good that we missed the rain in the morning, but we also probably got a lot more wind this afternoon.”

Woods said the tournament is far from over though.

“We’ve got a long way to go,” Woods, who has won the Memorial four times in his career, said. “Obviously, (a win) would be nice. But we’ve still got a half a golf tournament to play.”