Eleven former “outstanding” Ohio State student-athletes, including Buckeyes defensive line coach Mike Vrabel, will be inducted into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame this fall.

Vrabel joins former football players Ray Griffin, Pete Cusick, Joseph Gailus, and Dick Schafrath, wrestlers Rex Holman and George Downes, women’s basketball standout Jessica Davenport, fencer Louise Bond-Williams, track and field athlete Keturah Lofton and volleyball coach Jim Stone.

Vrabel was the Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year and back-to-back All-American selection in 1995 and 1996. In addition to still holding the university’s career sack record (36) and career tackle for loss record (26), the Akron, Ohio native played 14 years in the NFL-eight of which with the New England Patriots.

Under Patriots’ coach Bill Belichick, Vrabel was an integral part of three Super Bowl championships in 2001, 2003, and 2004.

While in New England, Vrabel amassed 57 sacks, 17 forced fumbles, 11 interceptions and 11 touchdowns as tight end.

OSU’s athletic Hall of Fame was created in 1977 and honored 261 men and 96 women as of last fall.

Since its inception, 108 football players have been inducted into the institution.

The 2012 class is set to be formally inducted on Sept. 14 and will be recognized at halftime of the Buckeyes’ football game against California on Sept. 15.