The exact cause of Columbus Crew midfielder Kirk Urso’s death hasn’t been determined, but signs seem to be pointing toward natural causes.

Franklin County Coroner Jan Gorniak performed an autopsy on Urso, whose Sunday morning death was confirmed by the Crew in a release later in the day, and the results indicate the player’s death was “natural,” according to multiple reports. Results from toxicology tests performed Monday, which will not be finalized for four to six weeks, could shed light on the exact cause of death.

Urso, 22, was pronounced dead at Grant Medical Center in Columbus after being attended to at a bar in the city at about 1 a.m. Sunday.

The Franklin County Coroner’s office did not respond to The Lantern‘s Tuesday requests for comment.

Columbus Crew rookie Urso started in midfield against the Ohio State men’s soccer team in the May 1 Connor Senn Memorial match at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium, firing two shots during the rain-shortened game.

Moments of silence were held in Urso’s honor during the two Major League Soccer matches on Sunday. Columbus will play its first game since Urso’s passing Saturday against Toronto at Crew Stadium.

Crew coach Robert Warzycha said the organization considered postponing the Saturday match but decided to go ahead with the 7:30 p.m. kickoff.

“I don’t know what to do,” Warzycha told the Crew’s website. “I’m faced with this for the first time. I’m not sure what’s best, to be honest with you. I think probably we should play as soon as possible. Why wait?”