There’s an inherent charm to 2 Chainz, a kind of Lil B-esque novelty that makes his music hard to look away from. So, it comes as no real surprise that Mr. Chainz has blown up in the past year, touring with Drake and being featured on records with Kanye West, Justin Bieber and Nicki Minaj.

“Based on a T.R.U. Story” is 2 Chainz’s debut album, and it is unmistakably 2 Chainz. It’s everything you expect, want and need from a 2 Chainz album. It’s everything every wisecrack on Twitter has parodied about him, and that’s OK because it’s 54 minutes of trap-induced bliss.

There’s no real sense in offering up some meta review of the album because 2 Chainz doesn’t want or need that. He’s a simple guy with simple needs. I mean, just look at “Birthday Girl.” All he wants is a “big booty hoe.” He’s a man’s man.

“Story” does stop to take a few breaths but nobody really wants that. “Extremely Blessed,” “Stop Me Now,” “In Town” and “Ghetto Dreams” are soulful breaks amid the fast and reckless wordplay on the album, but why bother with those when you can listen to “I Luv Dem Strippers”?

Because “Story” isn’t really sonically interesting in any form, let’s just look at the album’s lyrical highlights. So, sit back, cue the album up, break out the booze for the 2 Chainz drinking game if you’re into that sort of thing (shot every time you hear “2 CHAAAAAAAAIIIIINZ,” “TRUUUUUUUU” or a verse about condiments), and look out for these shining examples of English prose.

• “Take the camel-toe and turn it into casserole.” – “Yuck”
  • “I’m f***ed, let’s f*** / She said she on her period, I said, ‘Yuck.'” – Lil Wayne on “Yuck”
  • “Name a n***a that want some, I’ll out rap his ass, out trap his ass / Put his ass in a plastic bag with his trashy ass / Take him out, bring ’em in, them whole things / 2Pac without a nose ring.” – “No Lie”
  • “She got a big booty so I call her ‘Big Booty.'” – “Birthday Girl”
  • “Take a n***a bitch in a hot flash / Menopause hot flash.” – Nicki Minaj on “I Luv Dem Strippers”
  • “Camel-toe look like steak.” – “Money Machine”
  • “With a n***a like me I’m killing this beat / Skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet on my sheets.” – “Like Me”
  • “Wood grain, chestnut / Tittyf***, chest nut!” – “Like Me”

Yes, it’s a bit over-the-top and maybe a tad ridiculous at times, but it’s all part of 2 Chainz’s grand scheme. He wants you to be engulfed by his trademark flow, his charisma and his verses about ketchup.

It’s not thinking man’s rap. It doesn’t push boundaries sonically as most G.O.O.D. Music product does. But for silly trap music, it’s certainly worth the time if you need your 2 Chainz fix to hold you over until the label’s “Cruel Summer” drops sometime in September.

Grade: B-