Twelve former Ohio State athletes are ready to be cemented into Buckeye lore.

The Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame is set to induct most notably former Indiana coach Bob Knight and current OSU defensive line coach Mike Vrabel.

Joining Knight and Vrabel in the honor are Ray Griffin (football) Pete Cusick (football), Joseph Gailus (football), Dick Schafrath (football), Rex Holman (wrestling) George Downes (wrestling), Jessica Davenport (women’s basketball), Louise Bond-Williams (fencing), Keturah Lofton (track and field) and former volleyball coach Jim Stone.

All 12 inductees are scheduled to be officially honored Friday night in the Archie M. Griffin Grand Ballroom at the Ohio Union. The ceremony’s reception begins at 5:30 p.m. before dinner and the program at 6:30 p.m.

Knight, an OSU alum and former Army, Indiana and Texas Tech coach, will be inducted with the Class of 2012 this fall as the hall of fame’s first-ever recipient of the “lifetime achievement” category.

According to a released statement, the purpose of Knight’s honor is to recognize “outstanding former Buckeyes who have excelled in their careers after leaving Ohio State.”

Knight amassed a record of 902-371 over the course of 41 years of coaching,

While at Indiana, Knight led the Hoosiers to three national championships (1976, 1981, 1987) and 11 Big Ten titles.

Perhaps most notably, Knight’s 1976 Indiana team remains the last college basketball squad to go undefeated with a record of 32-0.

Vrabel, who was the Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year and back-to-back All-American selection in 1995 and 1996, still holds the university’s career sack record (36) and career tackle for loss record (26).

A native of Akron, Ohio, Vrabel played 14 years as a linebacker in the NFL.

Eight of those years were spent under Patriots’ coach Bill Belichick, where Vrabel was an integral part of three Super Bowl championships in 2001, 2003, and 2004.

In New England, Vrabel recorded 57 sacks, 11 interceptions and 17 forced fumbles,

His skills for the Patriots, though, weren’t just limited to the defensive side of the ball as he scored 11 touchdowns as tight end-two of which came in two different Super Bowls for New England.

The Ohio State Athletic Hall of Fame was created in 1977 and has honored 261 men and 96 women so far.

108 football players have been inducted into the institution since its inception.

The 12 inductees are scheduled to be recognized at halftime of the Buckeyes’ football game against California on Saturday at noon.