An Ohio State student was reportedly struck on campus while riding his bike Wednesday afternoon.

One witness, Xiao Yue, a first-year in finance, said the cyclist was riding his bike near a construction site off Woodruff Avenue, when he was struck by a truck backing out of the site.

She said the Monesi Trucking vehicle paused for a few seconds after striking the student, then continued to back up the vehicle. Yue said the student who had been struck was screaming, and bystanders in the area yelled for the driver to stop.

An ambulance arrived shortly after and took the cyclist away.

OSU Deputy Chief Richard Morman said police were notified of the incident at 2:47 p.m. Morman said that an 18-year-old OSU student was riding his bike when he was struck by a dump truck across the street from 146 Woodruff Ave.

Morman said the student was transported to the Wexner Medical Center. He said the victim’s parents have been notified, and the cyclist’s name will not be released to the media until his parents arrive.

A representative from Monesi Trucking verified that the company is working on the construction site of the Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering and Chemistry (CBEC) building between 19th and Woodruff avenues.

The representative said he did not have much information about the incident and could not comment further.

The injured student’s name and condition are unknown at this time. Witnesses said they heard he had a broken leg as a result of the incident.

A crowd of roughly 100 students stood to watch as the cyclist was loaded into the ambulance at about 2:45 p.m.

Woodruff Avenue remained closed following the incident while police investigated the scene.

The name of the truck driver was not immediately available.