Jordan Hall’s season might be finished before it ever got going.
After entering 2012 as one of first-year coach Urban Meyer’s “top playmakers,” a medical redshirt this year might be in the future of the senior captain and running back.
Meyer said Hall re-injured his knee after suffering a partial PCL tear against Michigan State on Sept. 29 in East Lansing, Mich.
“He re-dinged it, he re-dinged it,” Meyer said Wednesday evening at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center.
Meyer said there’s a real possibility that Hall takes a redshirt this season.
“Yeah I think it is,” Meyer said. “I think it is now.”
With a trip to Penn State looming on Saturday, Meyer said Hall isn’t practicing with the team.
Hall, who has played in just three games for the Buckeyes this season, hasn’t seen action since OSU’s 17-16 win against the Spartans.
In those contests against California, Alabama-Birmingham and Michigan State, Hall toted the ball 40 times for 218 yards and one touchdown, including a 105-yard outing against the Blazers on Sept. 22.
It’s not the first setback the senior has had this year, either.
In late June, Hall tore a tendon in the bottom of his foot after stepping on a piece of glass while walking his dog outside his Columbus, Ohio, apartment.
Subsequent surgery to repair the damage sidelined him through the summer, the Buckeyes’ fall camp and first two games of the season.
OSU will attempt to move to 9-0 on the season against the Nittany Lions in State College, Pa., at 5:30 p.m.