The Ohio State athletic department warned fans in need of tickets to OSU football’s homecoming game against Nebraska to beware of counterfeit tickets.
The warning urged fans to purchase tickets from The Ohio State Athletics Ticket Office, OhioStateBuckeyes.com or Ticketmaster, the only authorized sellers of OSU athletics tickets. Tickets to the Nebraska game as well as all remaining home games can also be purchased through the Buckeyes TicketExchange at OhioStateBuckeyes.com/ticketexchange. TicketExchange is the only official ticket exchange site of OSU athletics and the only resale source that can guarantee the exchange of valid tickets, according to the Tuesday release.
According to the message, fans that use any other source risk purchasing tickets that are “counterfeit, stolen or otherwise void, and as such will not allow the ticket holder admission into the event.”
Dan Wallenberg, OSU athletics spokesman, said there have been no reports of counterfeit tickets this season, but there were some circulating toward the end of last year’s basketball season.
“We realize it’s a big game and we’re just being proactive, making sure fans are aware that this could happen and to be wary of the possibility,” Wallenberg said. “Realizing the night game, the national TV, the demand for tickets for this particular game, we just wanted to get out in front of it.”
OSU police chief Paul Denton did not immediately respond to The Lantern’s Tuesday evening request for comment regarding counterfeit tickets.