Ohio State men’s ice hockey senior goalie Brady Hjelle was named the Central Collegiate Hockey Association Goaltender of the Week, the conference office announced Monday. 

The award is the second of the season for Hjelle, who saved 31 of the 32 shots he faced on Friday against Lake Superior State. On Saturday against the Lakers, Hjelle saved 18 of the 19 shots he faced after entering the game with OSU trailing, 2-0. All told, Hjelle posted a 1.14 goals against average and a .961 save percentage during his time on the rink this past weekend. By the end of the weekend, OSU achieved a 5-4-3 record.

The OSU men’s volleyball team signed three players to National Letters of Intent, the athletic department announced Monday. setter Christy Blough, outside hitter/setter Gabriel Domecus and outside hitter Miles Johnson have signed on to join Buckeyes coach Pete Hanson’s team for the 2014 season.

“We are very excited to add these fine young men to the Buckeye family,” Hanson said in the OSU release. “They are magnificent players and will be excellent additions to our program.”

The three signees are decorated players – Blough was named New York state MVP this month, Domecus led St. Patrick/St. Vincent (Vallejo, Calif.) to a 66-9 record in the last two seasons and Johnson was a first-team All-California Interscholastic Federation selection in 2011, according to the release.

The OSU men’s basketball team dropped a spot in the rankings when Monday’s Associated Press poll was released. The Buckeyes (4-0) fell from No. 3 to No. 4 in the AP’s top 25 poll despite the team’s 91-45 win against Missouri-Kansas City in their most recent win on Friday. Duke, now ranked No. 2, and Michigan, ranked No. 3, passed the Buckeyes in the poll after claiming in-season tournament victories.

The Blue Devils won the Battle 4 Atlantis tournament, held in the Bahamas, after beating current No. 5-ranked Louisville, 76-71, in the competition’s title match. Back in the contiguous United States, the Wolverines defeated former Illinois coach Bruce Weber’s Kansas State Wildcats, 71-57, to win the NIT Season Tip-Off championship.

OSU men’s basketball is scheduled to face the Blue Devils on Wednesday at 9:30 p.m. at Duke’s Cameron Indoor Arena in Durham, N.C.