Home » News » Crime Brief: Open container arrests, disorderly conduct marks Michigan game

Crime Brief: Open container arrests, disorderly conduct marks Michigan game

Fifteen open container citations were issued to of-age people not affiliated with the university prior to and during the Ohio State football game between 8:45 a.m. and 2:18 p.m on Saturday. Each of the 15 arrests occurred at OSU campus parking lots.
A male non-affiliate was arrested for disorderly conduct on Saturday at 12:45 p.m. at Ohio Stadium, located at 411 Woody Hayes Drive. The male was reported as being “highly intoxicated” and “barely able to make sense of what he was attempting to say.” The University Police report said he was “stumbling all over the place” as he yelled at a police officer who was escorting the male’s wife to the University Police station inside the stadium for also being “highly intoxicated.” The male was escorted from the stadium to the Franklin County Jail.
A male staff member reported assault on Nov. 23 at 1:27 a.m. at Medical Center East, located at 1492 E. Broad St. According to the report, $2,000 worth of medical center property, which included three computers, was damaged from powder from a fire extinguisher. No suspects have been named, and an investigation is currently pending.
Twelve instances of theft were reported to University Police between Sunday and Wednesday. Of the reported thefts, OSU students reported seven, OSU staff reported three and two were reported by non-affiliates. One male student was arrested for theft at the Ohio Union on Monday at 12:40 p.m.