Kent State’s Darrell Hazell might become Purdue’s next football coach, according to multiple reports Tuesday.

After guiding the No. 25 Golden Flashes to an 11-2 mark this season, Hazell is reportedly the Boilermakers’ first pick to replace former Purdue coach Danny Hope, who was fired Nov. 25, after going 23-27 in four seasons.

Hazell led Kent State its first winning season since 2001 – a feat that earned the second-year coach the Mid-American Conference Coach of the Year.

The potential move to West Lafayette, Ind., though, could bring him back to his old stomping grounds in the Big Ten.

From 2004 to 2010, Hazell served as an assistant under former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel – first as the team’s wide receivers and kick returns coach before becoming the Buckeyes’ assistant head coach and wide receivers coach.

Cincinnati’s Butch Jones has reportedly also been in talks with Purdue about their coaching vacancy.

According to multiple media outlets, the Boilermakers are expected have a decision by Wednesday.

After losing to Northern Illinois in overtime, 44-37, in the MAC Championship Game Saturday, the Golden Flashes are set to face Arkansas State in the GoDaddy.com Bowl on Jan. 6 in Mobile, Ala.