Theodore Nelson, member of the dubstep group Designer Drugs, said his Columbus performance might get out of hand.

“I would say (the show will be) high energy, you know fist pumping, and just going to be intense…it’s going to be a shit show,” he said.

Designer Drugs is scheduled to perform Saturday at Newport Music Hall. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.

Nelson said those in attendance can expect a mix of sounds. 

“It’s going to be a lot of really heavy, what we call dubstep banger music – dance music, with a punk rock-like vibe,” Nelson said. 

The group consists of Nelson and Michael Patrick, two friends from Pennsylvania who developed a passion for music early. 

“We are friends from high school who have similar music interest, and we both wanted to make music since we were young,” Patrick said. 

The two have been creating electronic music for about 15 to 16 years, however they experimented with other types of genres before, Patrick said. 

“We started making electronic music together, but before that we were into rock music and classical music, and we both had bands before electronic music,” he said.

Currently on tour, Designer Drugs will be traveling to Ohio from its last performance in Los Angeles. The band also has performances coming up in cities such as Austin, Texas, Lexington, Ky., and Las Vegas .

For the group’s Columbus show, local DJ/VJ duo roeVy is also on the bill, as well as electronic duo Funerals, DJs Attak & Carma, Canton, Ohio-native DJ Magua and local DJ Mr. Dustin Knell. 

Patrick said he and Nelson are excited to share the stage with roeVy.

“This is our first time with roeVy. They did some remixes for us and they are really good techno producers,” Patrick said. “We support them a lot and we think they are really good artists, and I think that someday they will be big.” 

Designer Drugs has done around 70 remixes and will have 44 original songs after releasing its second album in early May, Patrick said.

Nelson and Patrick said they have been to Columbus in the past and are looking forward to this show.

“I can’t wait to get back to Columbus, I have a lot of friends there and I always have fun,” Nelson said.

Patrick agreed.

“I have some friends from school coming up, so should it should be a good time,” Patrick said.

Tickets are available for $15 in advance through Ticketmaster, or $20 the day of the show. The Newport is located at 1722 N High St.