The Ohio State police division, Central Ohio Crime Stoppers and Campus Crime Stoppers are offering a reward of up to $8,000 for information resulting in the arrest and indictment of anyone responsible for the recent cyber-threats.

A public safety notice on April 3 warned students of a threat of violence focused on an OSU campus “cafeteria.” The threat was posted on a fantasy role-player game site and prompted OSU Police to increase its presence on and around campus dining facilities.

Four days later, another public safety notice was issued to warn students and faculty of a threat of a shooting or explosive violence on campus also geared toward a “cafeteria” or unspecified area on campus. Police presence was increased on campus again until the window of concern had passed.

The $8,000 cash reward being offered includes a $5,000 contribution from OSU, $1,000 from Campus Crime Stoppers and $2,000 from Central Ohio Crime Stoppers, according to a university police release.

The Central Ohio Crime Stoppers works to assist “law enforcement agencies in the apprehension and conviction of criminals,” according to its website.

University Area Crime Stoppers is an affiliate of the Central Ohio Crime Stoppers, according to the University Area Crime Stoppers website.

Those with information are asked to contact OSU Police Deputy Chief Richard Morman.