Home » News » Ohio State Advancement hires fundraiser for Wexner Medical Center

Ohio State Advancement hires fundraiser for Wexner Medical Center

Courtesy of OSU

At “a critical time” in university fundraising efforts, Ohio State announced that Patricia Hill-Callahan will be the new vice president for advancement at OSU’s Wexner Medical Center and principal gift strategist university-wide.
Scheduled to begin on June 17, Hill-Callahan will provide advancement services to areas of OSU’s Wexner Medical Center, including hospitals, clinical care sites, research institutes, the College of Medicine and the university’s health sciences colleges.
Hill-Callahan comes to OSU from Johns Hopkins University, where she served as associate vice president for principal gifts since 2009. She was also a director of the annual fund and director of development for Johns Hopkins’ Heart and Vascular Institute.
“I am thrilled to join The Ohio State University and look forward to meeting the Buckeye community,” said Hill-Callahan in a Thursday press release. “This is a critical time for university donor relations and fundraising, as institutions across the country compete for federal and state funding support. We are all striving to strengthen and expand connections with donors and supporters. Our office will support these efforts as we focus on benefiting the students, faculty and staff of Ohio State.”
Hill-Callahan will work under Michael Eicher, OSU senior vice president for advancement and president of The Ohio State University Foundation.
“Patty has a refined perspective and seasoned approach to higher education fundraising with particular experience in medical fundraising,” Eicher said in the press release. “Her keen understanding of this specialized environment will help us strengthen relationships and enhance funding for the important activities that save lives and transform medicine at the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.”
Representatives from OSU Media Relations did not immediately return requests for comment.