After taking two out of three from Illinois in last weekend’s Big Ten series, the Ohio State baseball team is looking to keep the winning mindset alive with Penn State coming to town Friday night.

OSU senior right-hander Brad Goldberg feels the season is still young and the team still has work to do, but is really starting to get that winning attitude back.

“We’re still working,” said Goldberg. “We nearly gave ourselves some heart attacks coming back in both wins last weekend, but I definitely think we are getting that winning attitude.”

Senior left-hander Brian King agreed with Goldberg, and said the team is gaining confidence and enjoying playing baseball together.

“The confidence is huge right now everyone is working together and enjoying each other,” said King. “Honestly, we are just having a good time out there.”

Ohio State is 25-13 overall this season and 9-6 in Big Ten play. The team is 9-4 at home this season, and is looking to continue that success this weekend.

“Home field has been big all year,” said Goldberg. “We know the turf and especially now with finals it’s just nice to be at home and not have to worry about missing classes.”

PSU sits last in the Big Ten with a record of 2-10 in conference play and 11-25 overall. As of late though, the Nittany Lions are heating up, and have won back-to-back games including a 7-4 win over La Salle Tuesday night. They also won their first Big Ten series last weekend after taking two of three from Iowa.

A bright spot in Penn State’s lineup is sophomore catcher J.C. Coban, who is hitting .315 with two home runs and 21 RBIs in 32 games played.

OSU coach Greg Beals said he is happy with the results from the previous two Big Ten weekend series, but hopes his team takes the right approach in the series against the Nittany Lions.

“What I am looking for offensively is the approach,” said Beals. “It’s the mentality, it’s a competitive thing, and I want them to go up with a plan and execute it.”

OSU is set to take the field against Penn State at 6:35 p.m. Friday at Bill Davis Stadium to start the weekend home series.