Then-sophomore quarterback Braxton Miller (5) runs up the field during a game against Michigan at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio, on Nov. 17, 2012. OSU won, 26-21.

Cody Cousino / For The Lantern

The Big Ten released the 2014 conference schedule Thursday, one that sees Ohio State traveling to familiar conference foes Penn State and Michigan State as well as new member Maryland. The Buckeyes are set to host Michigan at the end of the season but do not play Iowa, Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue or Wisconsin in 2014.

The 2014 schedule will include eight conference games for each of the Big Ten’s 14 teams, as well as a new division alignment, as approved by the Big Ten Directors of Athletics.

OSU will open its conference season when it travels to Maryland on Oct. 4. After a bye week, the Buckeyes then return home to play the Big Ten’s other new conference member, Rutgers, on Oct. 18.

After playing the Scarlet Knights, OSU is scheduled to play three road games in four weeks. The Buckeyes will travel to Penn State on Oct. 25, Michigan State on Nov. 8, and then play at Minnesota on Nov. 15.

In addition to Rutgers, OSU hosts three other Big Ten conference games. Illinois travels to Columbus on Nov. 1 followed by Indiana on Nov. 22 and then Michigan on Nov. 29.

OSU’s 2014 non-conference schedule includes three games in Ohio Stadium after the season opener against Navy on Aug. 30 at Baltimore’s M&T Bank Stadium. The Buckeyes host Kent State on Sept. 13, Virginia Tech on Sept. 20 and close their non-conference schedule on Sept. 27 when Cincinnati travels to the ‘Shoe.

The fourth annual Big Ten Football Championship Game is scheduled for Dec. 6 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.