Courtesy of OSU athletics The Ohio State men's lacrosse team celebrates after winning the ECAC championship on May 4. OSU defeated Denver 11-10.

Courtesy of OSU athletics

Sophomore midfielder Turner Evans scored with 24 seconds remaining and the No. 10 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team pulled out a dramatic, 11-10 victory against Denver in Sunday’s Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Championship Game in Geneva, N.Y.

The win gives the Buckeyes the chance to host their first ever NCAA Tournament game in Ohio Stadium against the Towson Tigers at 3 p.m. Sunday.

A back-and-forth affair the entire afternoon, OSU never led by more than three goals, and only trailed once during the match, when Denver took an 8-7 lead.

With the win, the Buckeyes avenged a midseason 10-9 loss to the Pioneers in Columbus on March 9.

Extending his point streak to 60 games — the entirety of his career — senior attacker Logan Schuss scored twice and recorded an assist to move into second place on OSU’s all-time points list with 228. Schuss was also named MVP of the ECAC tournament after recording nine points on seven goals and two assists during the two games against Loyola and Denver.

The offense continued to roll for the Buckeyes on Saturday. After scoring 18 points against Loyola, OSU scored 11 times in the championship, led by two goals and four assists from sophomore midfielder Jesse King, and four total goals from Evans, including the game winner.

The Buckeyes have now won six straight games and two consecutive games against top-10 opponents. The Buckeyes clinched the ECAC’s automatic berth in the NCAA Tournament and No. 3 overall seed in the NCAA Tournament, marking the first time since 2008 that OSU will be a part of the 16-team field.