Former Ohio State player Ray Small (82) out runs the Wisconsin defense for a touchdown on a kick-off return in the third quarter of their NCAA college football game at The Ohio Stadium, Saturday, October 10, 2009, in Columbus, Ohio.

Courtesy of MCT

Former Ohio State football player Ray Small was behind bars Friday morning after being arrested the previous night on numerous drug and gun charges.

Small, 26, was indicted on a total of six felony drug possession and trafficking charges that were filed July 10.

According to Columbus Division of Police, Small was held in the Franklin County jail after the gang unit found him in a condominium in Whitehall.

The charges against Small were from an April search of his apartment in north Columbus.

The indictment issued for Small said authorities captured drugs including heroin and oxycodone in addition to a semi-automatic handgun and assault rifle. Another man, Anthony Jones of Detroit, was also named in the indictment for being connected with the alleged crimes.

Small was caught up in the 2010 Buckeyes football memorabilia scandal, telling The Lantern he sold rings and other valuables for money. He also posted a video to YouTube in May apologizing to former OSU coach Jim Tressel among others for his role in the scandal as well as his drug problem. Small cites his upbringing in the video, saying that he did not receive much discipline and that he is “truly sorry” for his actions.

Small was also indicted on drug charges and after he was found to have more than 200 oxycontin tablets in Meigs County in 2012.

According to Fox 28 in Columbus, Small could face up to 33 years in prison if convicted of all charges.

Small played wide receiver and returned punts and kickoffs for OSU from 2006 to 2009. He totaled 61 receptions for 659 yards and three touchdowns in his career and returned a punt and a kickoff for touchdowns.