Tina Fey backstage at the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in January. Fey is scheduled to host ‘Saturday Night Live’s’ season 39 premiere Sept. 28. Credit: Courtesy of MCT

Tina Fey at the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in January. Fey is scheduled to host ‘Saturday Night Live’s’ season 39 premiere Sept. 28.
Credit: Courtesy of MCT

This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

Live from New York, it’s season 39 of Saturday Night Live 

Bill Hader may have left with his character Stefon, but that doesn’t mean the beginning of “Saturday Night Live’s” 39th season won’t mimic the vibes of New York’s hottest club. The first few episodes will have everything. Lorne Michaels dropping a sick remix of old-school cast members fused with the new-schoolers, a possible debut of Mother Monster’s “ARTPOP” acting skills and Miley Cyrus. Always Miley Cyrus.

NBC announced Tina Fey will host and alternative rock band Arcade Fire will sing, each for the fourth time, on “SNL’s” season premiere Sept. 28. The following week is set to be a one-woman show by none other than alleged twerk-a-holic Cyrus, where she will both host and sing. The Oct. 12 show is slated to be hosted by Bruce Willis and Katy Perry is scheduled to perform from her new album “Prism.” Additionally, it is rumored Lady Gaga will both host and sing in the near future, possibly coinciding with her November release of “ARTPOP.”

Either way, big names starting the season will add a dash of familiarity to the baby-faced cast, void of seasoned comedians Hader, Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis.

New York Fashion Week Plastic Surgery Show 

New York Fashion Week is slated to wrap up Thursday after a full week of designers reaping what they sew. However, one “designer” felt he could upstage the intricate work of Alexander Wang and The Blonds.

New Jersey and New York plastic surgeon Ramtin Kassir believed his cuts were above the rest and set up a catwalk outside Lincoln Center to show off his work. According to the New York Daily News, 50 of Kassir’s former patients walked the runway Tuesday night to model the work he completed on their faces.

In this rather controversial statement of what is considered fashionably beautiful, shows like these make it difficult for some to grasp fashion’s destination. At one moment, photoshopped models are banned in the likes of “Seventeen” magazine, but then altered beauty receives its own stage at one of the world’s biggest fashion events.

What’s next for Kassir’s line? The New York Daily News said “he hopes to add breasts next season.”