The Ohio State men’s golf team will be looking to improve on last season’s fourth place Big Ten finish when it tees off at the Northern Intercollegiate Golf Tournament in Sugar Grove, Ill.

First round play begins Friday, and the squad is looking to make its mark against the field of 15 teams who are scheduled to compete on the par 72 course at Rich Harvest Farms.

Five players will be featured in the Buckeyes’ lineup competing for a team score, and one will be competing individually.

Juniors Boo Timko and Grant Weaver, both of whom have been named to the 2013-2014 Big Ten Men’s Golfers to Watch List, will bring experience to the table, while newcomer Frederik Hammer, a freshman from Rungsted, Denmark, will be competing in the first collegiate tournament of his career.

Rounding out the five are sophomores Tee-K Kelly and Michael Bernard, who are both entering the tournament with the momentum of strong freshman seasons, and sophomore Max Rosenthal will be competing as an individual.

The tournament is set to consist of mostly non-conference teams, with Indiana being the only other Big Ten member competing. OSU finished in a fourth-place tie with the Hoosiers at the 2013 Big Ten Championships.

The team are scheduled for three, 18-hole rounds Friday, Saturday and Sunday on the 7,236-yard course, with tee times beginning at 8 a.m.