2623254011

There were 24 thefts reported on Ohio State’s campus this week from Sept. 25 to Wednesday. One incident resulted in an arrest.

A 33-year-old man not affiliated with OSU was arrested for attempting to steal two pairs of football earrings valued at $8 each and two pairs of OSU logo earrings valued at $16 each from the Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop located at the Wexner Medical Center, according to a University Police report.

Of the 22 total thefts, one incident was a theft of an automobile from the Carmack Lot 5. Investigation into the event is pending. In addition, 12 of the 22 reports were thefts of bicycles.

A female student reported aggravated menacing near High Street and 16th Avenue after a woman verbally harassed her. The alleged violator was white, dressed in a black hooded sweatshirt with the hood up, black sunglasses and black loose-fitting pants, carrying a fuschia pink backpack. The student also described the woman as looking like an “old hag” or drug user. The woman might have been carrying a knife, according to a University Police report. Police officers checked the area but did not find the woman.

There were 15 reports of disorderly conduct reported on OSU’s campus this week. Ten of the reports occurred Saturday or early Sunday morning.

Two incidents resulted in arrests and both may have been alcohol-related.

A 23-year-old male student suspected to be under the influence of alcohol was arrested at Fontana Laboratory, located at 116 W. 19th Ave., Saturday at about 8:13 p.m.

A 32-year-old male suspected to be “very intoxicated” was arrested for disorderly conduct near Ohio Stadium Saturday at about 8 p.m. The man was reported to be disrupting a police checkpoint and was unable to stand without assistance, according to a University Police report.

A 39-year-old male not affiliated with OSU was arrested for obstructing official business and an outstanding warrant at the Ohio Union Tuesday at about 3 p.m.