Some Ohio State students said the Autumn Commencement speaker has already given them goosebumps.

Award-winning author R.L. Stine is scheduled to speak at OSU’s Autumn 2013 Commencement, according to a Thursday university press release.

The Bexley native and OSU graduate has written more than 300 books for children and young adults, which have sold more than 350 million copies worldwide.

“Goosebumps,” Stine’s famous series of children’s fiction books depicting characters in “scary” circumstances, has been translated into 32 different languages and generated a TV show, which was No. 1 in kid’s TV for three years in a row.

Courtney Horn, a fourth-year in hospitality management, said she grew up reading Stine’s books.

“I wasn’t allowed to read them (when I was younger). I had to sneak them. My parents thought they were inappropriate — too scary,” Horn said. “It’s cool that we can get such a big name (as the speaker).”

Other students said they’d be interested to hear the author speak.

“I used to read those books, I was a fan … He’s a creative dude who’s done something with his life. I like to listen to people who have done something,” said Ben Lawrence, a second-year in marketing.

Interim President Joseph Alutto said he’s excited to have Stine address the graduates.

“Columbus native and Ohio State alumnus Bob Stine is one of the best-selling children’s writers in history,” Alutto said in the OSU release. “On behalf of the university, I am proud to have him return to address our graduates and their families. His journey from 9-year-old with a typewriter to English major at Ohio State to international author will be a fitting final chapter to inspire our graduates to pursue their dreams.”

Stine still writes new additions to the “Goosebumps” series. He has also released other projects, including his autobiography, “It Came from Ohio,” and TV series “The Haunting Hour,” which is in its third season and won an Emmy Award for Best Children’s Series.

Stine graduated from OSU in 1965, earning a B.A. in English. While on campus, Stine was the editor-in-chief of the university’s student-managed humor magazine, “The Sundial,” and some students attribute him to helping the recent re-launch of the organization.

Some students were surprised to hear Stine attended OSU.

“I read lots of ‘Goosebumps’ books … it was my favorite series when I was younger,” said Ethan Land, a second-year in pharmaceutical sciences. “I didn’t know he went to OSU.”

Autumn commencement is scheduled for Dec. 15 at 2 p.m. at the Schottenstein Center. An estimated 2,500 students are set to graduate, according to the release.