OSU is hiring for the positions of Fisher College of Business dean Chris Poon (left), School of Communication director Carroll Glynn (center) and assistant vice president of media and public relations Gayle Saunders. Credit: Courtesy of OSU and Gayle Saunders' Twitter account, @saundee4

OSU is hiring for the positions of Fisher College of Business dean Chris Poon (left), School of Communication director Carroll Glynn (center) and assistant vice president of media and public relations Gayle Saunders.
Credit: Courtesy of OSU and Gayle Saunders’ Twitter account, @saundee4

Though the new president has been announced, Ohio State still has more top administrative positions to fill.

OSU is currently hiring for three positions: dean of the Fisher College of Business, director of the School of Communication and assistant vice president of media and public relations.

The search for the next Fisher dean, an office once held by Interim President Joseph Alutto, is still in its early stages, Executive Vice President and Provost Joseph Steinmetz said in an email from Katherine Margard, his executive assistant.

“We are in the process of forming a search committee for the position, which should be completed soon,” Steinmetz said Wednesday.

The office is currently held by Chris Poon, who will remain at the helm of the college until December 2014 if necessary as OSU searches for a replacement. Poon said in an email she will remain engaged in topics she cares about after she steps down, such as health care, technology and business education, and will stay in the state.

“When I step down, (my husband and I) plan to stay in Ohio,” Poon said. “This is our home.”

Steinmetz announced Poon’s decision not to seek reappointment Dec. 16.

Poon’s annual base salary is about $523,617, according to the Columbus Business First DataCenter.

Carroll Glynn, director of the School of Communication, is slated to serve her final day June 30 after 16 years in the position.

“Nobody can be something forever,” Glynn said. “There’s nothing so constant as change.”

A search committee of school faculty members has been formed to recommend candidates as Glynn’s replacement.

Gayle Saunders, the assistant vice president for media and public relations, will be stepping down Feb. 14, as announced Dec. 12. The search for her replacement is coming to a close, OSU spokesman Gary Lewis said in an email.

Doug Haddix, an editorial assistant vice president in the department, has stepped in to fill Saunders’ position during the search. Haddix and Saunders both earn salaries of $150,000.

“This position has been posted on the university website,” Lewis said.

The OSU job posting website said the posting will expire Feb. 16.

These personnel changes will come after several other related announcements – the announcement of the next university president and the promotion of the OSU athletic director.

The appointment of University of California Irvine Chancellor Michael Drake as OSU president was announced Thursday, roughly seven months after the search for E. Gordon Gee’s replacement began. Drake is set to begin his new role June 30. Former OSU President Gee retired July 1, and former Executive Vice President and Provost Joseph Alutto has served as interim president since then.

Athletic director Gene Smith was named vice president Tuesday, as well as given a four year contract extension until 2020 and a nearly 12 percent pay raise.