Soulja Boy Credit: Courtesy of MCT

Rapper Soulja Boy was arrested in L.A. Jan. 22 for carrying a loaded gun. 
Credit: Courtesy of MCT

This is part of a weekly series called “Pop Opinions” where The Lantern offers its take on the week’s pop culture news.

From The Wanted announcing their split to the announcement of the “Kitten Bowl,” as usual, there was never a dull moment when it comes to entertainment news.

According to E! News, Kimye, that is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, might be using the Palace of Versailles for their wedding. Talk about a couple with an ego problem. Reportedly, the pair has been in Paris this week and had a private tour of the Palace.

Much to Kimye’s chagrin, the Palace’s use is strictly controlled by the French government. Uh oh Yeezy, the French might not let you finish those wedding plans. Rightfully so, it would be quite overdone if the couple wed at Versailles. I wouldn’t put it past Kanye to dress up like a king.

Hallmark Channel announced “The Kitten Bowl” to rival Animal Planet’s “Puppy Bowl,” premiering Feb. 2. The feisty felines will jump through hoops, chase lasers and compete in several other cat-like sports events. I would prefer to watch puppies compete, but in recent years, cats have become the center of cult classic memes and videos, so I think a lot of people will tune in. I will probably tune in out of curiosity and stick around if the cats end up playing better football than the Browns.

The Wanted announced its split happening immediately when they return from tour. The band formed in 2009 and found much success during its time on the American pop scene. I liked the band and am sad to see it go, but like the group’s hit single, I’m glad they came. Their management said the members all plan to pursue “individual endeavours.”

Soulja Boy, whose real name is DeAndre Cortez Way, was arrested early Wednesday in L.A. for carrying a loaded gun, according to TMZ. This isn’t Soulja’s first booking in jail — he was in trouble for marijuana and weapons in 2011. Unfortunately Soulja, I’m not sure jail will allow you to “Get Silly” very often.

My childhood and favorite Christmas movie was a bit tainted when I saw the scandalous new picture of Taylor Momsen on her band The Pretty Reckless’ new album cover. The cover unveiled Jan. 21 shows Momsen’s completely naked back. She also took a topless photo for the album. The 20-year-old actress turned singer has come a long way from her angel faced days in “The Grinch” as Cindy Lou Who.

Justin Bieber is once again out of control, which is no surprise to the public. The star might have jetted off to Cuba after police obtained a search warrant for his home in Calabasas, Calif. Bieber was linked to an egg throwing incident that happened Jan. 9. One of the Biebs’ latest Instagram uploads is a photo of him smoking a Cuban cigar. The photo is especially suspicious because those close to the Biebs have been encouraging him to go to rehab. His ego is bigger than ever, and he’s jet setting around the world with a rough crew. I think Bieber went down the wrong path after his split from Selena Gomez. Whatever his demons are, I hope the 19-year-old can get help, because at this rate, he’s headed for bigger problems.