Senior running back Carlos Hyde breaks a tackle on his way to a touchdown during a game against Iowa Oct. 19 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 34-24. Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

Senior running back Carlos Hyde breaks a tackle on his way to a touchdown during a game against Iowa Oct. 19 at Ohio Stadium. OSU won, 34-24.
Credit: Shelby Lum / Photo editor

A total of six former Ohio State Buckeyes have been invited to participate in the 2014 NFL Draft Scouting Combine, which opens Feb. 19 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

The six OSU players invited include senior running back Carlos Hyde, senior wide receiver Corey “Philly” Brown, a pair of senior offensive linemen, including center Corey Linsley and left tackle Jack Mewhort, junior linebacker Ryan Shazier and redshirt-junior cornerback Bradley Roby.

Notable members of the 2013 team, which finished 12-2 after back-to-back losses to Michigan State in the Big Ten Championship Game Dec. 7 and then Clemson in the Discover Orange Bowl Jan. 3, who did not receive an invitation to the combine include redshirt-senior Kenny Guiton, senior safety Christian Bryant and senior offensive linemen Andrew Norwell and Marcus Hall.

OSU coach Urban Meyer confirmed Wednesday on National Signing Day that Bryant’s time at OSU is finished, after a second appeal for a medical redshirt was denied. Bryant suffered from a broken ankle in OSU’s 31-24 win against Wisconsin Sept. 28.

The combine runs through Feb. 24, and a record 85 underclassmen will be among the 335 players invited, according to CBSSports.com.

OSU’s Pro Day is set for March 7 at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center in Columbus.

The Buckeyes are slated to start their 2014 campaign Aug. 30 against Navy at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.