Comedian Fortune Feimster is set to perform stand-up at Wall Street Nightclub Feb. 28 at 10:30 p.m. Credit:  Courtesy of NAT Bookings & Promotions

Comedian Fortune Feimster is set to perform stand-up at Wall Street Nightclub Feb. 28 at 10:30 p.m.
Credit: Courtesy of NAT Bookings & Promotions

She’s a self-described “big girl who’s not afraid to wear little outfits” — and she’s set to come to Columbus.

Comedian Fortune Feimster of “Chelsea Lately” fame is set to perform at Wall Street Nightclub on Friday.

Her humor is a blend of jokes about her sexuality, her mom and growing up in the South, or “material everybody can relate to,” she said, and it comes from her roots in North Carolina.

“I grew up around colorful people and a family with a great sense of humor.”

Though she was surrounded by funny people, she said she never thought she’d be where she is today.

“Growing up in a small town … I didn’t think it was possible (to be a professional comedian),” she said.

Friday won’t be her first trip to Columbus — Feimster came to Columbus’ Pride Festival in June and said she has performed at Wall Street twice in the past.

“I try to go to new places (when I perform),” Feimster said. “So it is a testament to how much I like Columbus that I’m coming here for a third time,” she said. “When you find a city that’s so nice and supportive (like Columbus), it’s hard not to go back.”

Scot Hafler, owner of Wall Street Nightclub, said he is glad to have her back.

“She’s amazing — that’s why we continue to invite her back,” he said. “She really knows how to work our crowd here.”

Feimster said she isn’t on tour officially, just doing stand-up on the weekends. And she said she loves it.

“TV pays my bills, but stand-up is a passion,” she said.

In 2014, Feimster is set to appear on “Workaholics,” “Two Broke Girls” and the pilot episode of a show Tina Fey is producing for Fox called “Cabot College.”

She’s also set to film a 30-minute stand-up routine for Comedy Central in March. Despite all that, though, Feimster said she doesn’t feel like she’s “made it” yet.

“I still feel like I’m on the rise,” Feimster said. “There are a lot of people who still don’t know who I am.”

She doesn’t have any plans for the future, though, she said.

“I’m just seeing what happens,” she said. “I don’t think anyone can predict what’s coming next.

“At the end of the day, I’m a performer — so any time I get to perform, that’s the best.”

According to Wall Street’s website, doors for the show are set to open at 10 p.m. and Feimster is scheduled to take the stage at 10:30 p.m.

Wall Street is located at 144 N. Wall St. General admission tickets are $20 and VIP seating is $50. Tickets are available online through NAT Bookings & Promotions.