American security consultant Frank Abagnale is set to appear at OSU in an event sponsored by OUAB and the Security & Intelligence Club Feb. 24.  Credit: Courtesy of MCT

American security consultant Frank Abagnale is set to appear at OSU in an event sponsored by OUAB and the Security & Intelligence Club Feb. 24.
Credit: Courtesy of MCT

A former master of disguise is set to come to Ohio State later this month.

Frank Abagnale, a former con man and current FBI consultant, is scheduled to come to OSU Feb. 24 at 7:30 p.m. in a collaborative event from the Ohio Union Activities Board and the Security and Intelligence Club. The event is titled “Frank Abagnale: Con Man to FBI Consultant.”

Abagnale is considered among the most famous identity imposters, having cashed $2.5 million in fraudulent checks and having posed as an airline pilot, attorney, college professor and physician — all before the age of 21. After being arrested in France at that age, he was released in five years with the condition that he would help government officials in capturing criminals guilty of fraud. He has been assisting the federal government for more than 35 years.

He documented his time as a con man in his book, “Catch Me If You Can,” published in 1980. Steven Spielberg directed a big screen adaption of the book in a 2002 drama film, with Leonardo DiCaprio taking on the role of Abagnale.

Information about tickets for the event has yet to be released.