Country singer Cassadee Pope, the winner of season 3 of ‘The Voice,’ is set to perform at The Bluestone March 27.  Credit: Courtesy of Big Machine Label Group

Country singer Cassadee Pope, the winner of season 3 of ‘The Voice,’ is set to perform at The Bluestone March 27.
Credit: Courtesy of Big Machine Label Group

Cassadee Pope is looking to bring the voice to Columbus.

“Bring your A-game Columbus, and be ready to rock out,” said Pope, the first female winner of NBC’s singing competition show “The Voice.”

Pope, 24, has seen fame in the country music scene after her victory on season 3 of “The Voice” in 2012. The show is now in its sixth season, and Pope is set to perform at The Bluestone Thursday.

In an interview with The Lantern, Pope said her Columbus performance would be especially exciting because she is set to film a live version of her newest single, “I Wish I Could Break Your Heart.”

The singer first announced her plans via her Twitter account, @CassadeePope, March 17. The tweet reads, “Columbussss. I’m comin for ya. And I’m bringing cameras!”

Pope attached a video to the tweet explaining a music video would be filmed live at the concert. In the video, Pope called her Columbus show “a party you don’t want to miss.”

Pope said she is excited to see how her single “I Wish I Could Break Your Heart,” a cut from her 2013 debut album, “Frame By Frame,” translates live.

“My mission is for my music to touch the audience,” Pope said.

Aubrey Hamilton, a second-year in nursing, said it is exciting Pope is coming to Columbus and filming her video at the concert.

“I really like ‘The Voice’ so it’s cool that a winner is coming,” Hamilton said. “I think it would be really cool for the audience to see themselves in her video.”

Beyond her time on ‘The Voice,’ Pope’s music has already topped the country charts. Pope confirmed via Twitter March 6 that her hit single “Wasting All These Tears,” went certified platinum.

Pope thanked fans, tweeting, “Thank you all SO much for you support on #WastingAllTheseTears. Because of you, it is now certified PLATINUM!”

“It was really rewarding to know that the lyrics to ‘Wasting All These Tears’ meant that much to people,” Pope said.

Touring is Pope’s favorite part of her career, she said. Last year she had the opportunity to open for Rascal Flatts on their tour.

After touring with Rascal Flatts, Pope has kept busy performing smaller shows, she said.

Pope said her dream is to tour and perform for the rest of her life. She said her goal is to get her music into as many ears as possible.

She is set to have the chance to reach more people in May, Pope said, when she is scheduled to tour with Tim McGraw.

“It is surreal to open for him. I’ve been a fan since I was little,” Pope said.

Megan Clark, second-year in biology, said she watched Pope compete on “The Voice.”

“I did like her on the show, she was one of the contestants I wanted to win,” Clark said.

Clark said she has been impressed to see Pope in the public eye after her victory and to hear her on the radio.

“I think she will become big at some point, kind of like how Carrie Underwood (from ‘American Idol’) did,” Clark said.

Pope said she is most excited to connect with fans and tell the audience her story through music Thursday evening.

“The Columbus audience should expect a high-energy concert,” Pope said. “The concert is a chance to leave all your troubles behind you and enjoy the music,”

Pope is set to perform  at The Bluestone, located at 583 E. Broad St. According to the venue’s website, tickets are $20 in advance and $23 day of the show. Doors open at 7 p.m.