Then-Temple-forward Anthony Lee (3) shields the ball from a defender during a game against Louisville at the Liacouras Center Feb. 14. Temple lost, 82-58. Courtesy of MCT

Then-Temple-forward Anthony Lee (3) shields the ball from a defender during a game against Louisville at the Liacouras Center Feb. 14. Temple lost, 82-58.
Courtesy of MCT

After taking multiple hits to his roster, it appears as if Ohio State basketball coach Thad Matta has started filling the void left by four players who are no longer with the program.

Per a Saturday report by ESPN College Basketball Insider Jeff Goodman, Matta has received a commitment from Temple transfer redshirt-junior forward Anthony Lee. Lee can as early as next season per NCAA transfer rules, as he is set to graduate in May.

An OSU athletic spokesman did not immediately respond to The Lantern’s request for comment Saturday.

Lee — who posted a video to his personal Twitter and Instagram accounts — @AntLee_3, of his tour at Ohio Stadium Friday, averaged 13.6 points per game last season while collecting an American Athletic Conference best 8.6 rebounds per game.

Lee also sent a tweet from that account at 2:24 p.m. Saturday, saying how he is looking forward to playing at OSU.

“Buckeye Nation! Too blessed, been thru 2 much an Coach Matta and the Buckeye family knows what I need for this last year. Blessed! !!!” the tweet read.

Listed at 6-feet-9 inches tall and 230 pounds, Lee is likely to bring stability to OSU’s post game. Junior centers Amir Williams and Trey McDonald only tallied averages of 9.8 points per game and 7.5 rebounds per game between them last season, as OSU went 25-10 and bowed out to Dayton, 60-59, in the second round of the NCAA Tournament March 20.

The report comes one day after forward LaQuinton Ross announced his intentions to leave OSU one year early to pursue a professional career. Guard Amedeo Della Valle also decided to leave the program March 22, to head back home to Europe and pursue a professional career of his own. OSU is also having to replace guards Lenzelle Smith Jr. and Aaron Craft, who it loses to graduation.

The addition of Lee brings OSU’s scholarship players count to 11, two below the maximum 13 allotted by NCAA rules.